Friday, October 25, 2013

Tybee Island, Day 2

Fort Pulaski, GA

Friday, October 25, 2013, Rivers End Campground, Tybee Island, GA, Day 2 - 0 miles, 1707.7 For the Trip

It was a tourist day. After breakfast I headed out to Fort Pulaski. While there I hiked a trail to a view point for the Cockspur Island Lighthouse. After that it was back to Tybee Island & an "official" visit to the lighthouse. $7.00 to see the lighthouse, the grounds, and the Tybee Museum. While the museum was OK, it could use some improved lighting. I did get to climb ( and it was a climb - about the same as the Fire Island Lighthouse in NY) the lighthouse & take a panorama from the top. Not including it here; a bit too large to process on the road. I did include a couple of frames - if you look carefully, in the vertical view you can see the RAV4 in the parking lot. A great view of the island from the walkway around the top. The rest of the photos are at Today's LakeshoreImages Page.

I took a shower after I got back to the campground. The bathrooms are the "all in one room" type, but the rooms are very small with no place to set things down. At least there were two hooks, and the hot water was hot, which was good because a fan went on with the light, blowing cold air over everything.

Dinner was a steak, potato salad & a fruit cup with coffee ice cream for dessert. I'll be heading out in the morning. I'm going to try for Jekyll Island for tomorrow night.

Until Tomorrow -

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a perfect room for not-quite-camping-but still fun.

    ReplyDelete