Sunday, February 27, 2022

2021 - 2022 Trip To The Southwest, Day 130

 Sunday, February 27, Desert Trails RV Park, Tucson, AZ, Day 3

Almost 50°F for my morning walk. After breakfast I made a bunch of phone calls to folks back east. Mt brother is still planning to move from Nantucket Island to the Catskills in NY, but is having difficulty finding the average building costs for the area. He should get enough selling a Nantucket house to build just about anywhere in the US, but he would like to have some idea of what the actual cost will be.

I switched from AAA road assistance to Good Sam. AAA was costing $194.00 per year for trailer coverage & my son, while Good Sam is $129.99 for two years, then $129.00 from then on, unlimited towing (AAA limits towing to 100 miles), and lets me add my son for free (AAA charges $34.00 for Kyle). I've read on line complaints & praises for both companies, but since I haven't actually used AAA for the last 5 years, I'm willing to take a change, particularly since AAA dropped campground books, and tour books, the products I usually picked up before a trip. They still have maps, but I generally use an atlas or my GPS. I should say I think I've switched. I know I started Good Sam, but after canceling AAA, I got an email from them saying that they would be billing my credit card automatically in 5 days. So far, no answer from my email to them...

During the afternoon I drained the black & gray tanks, washed & put away the sewer hose, getting ready to leave tomorrow. The rest of the day I sat around and read. I finished John Saul's Nathaniel, and started Bear Witness by J. & D. Burges. So far, not as good as the first in the series.

Dinner was a couple of Johnsonville Cheddar brats & the rest of a can of Bush Maple & Cured Bacon beans. Not as good as their Brown Sugar & Hickory.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment