Tuesday, February 22, 2022

2021 - 2022 Trip To The Southwest, Day 125

 Tuesday, February 22, Twin Peaks Campground, Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument, AZ, Day 2 

Down to 44°F overnight, and only 46°F during my 8:30 walk around the campground. I ran into a number of former Quartzsite gathering folks on my walk. Still a bit windy and cool - at 12:00 it is only 58°F. 

As to nighttime photos, parts of the park might be "dark skies", but not the campground. An amazing amount of spill light from the bathrooms. I stepped out my door at 9:00 and the entire side of the trailer was glowing. I suspect if I hiked down to the tenting end of the campground I might have found some dark...

After lunch I sat outside in the sun and wind. I noticed a couple of people coming back from the bathrooms with towels & asked how the solar showers were. The answers? From the man - not even warm, and from the woman - they need more sun! Decided my shower would be in the trailer & fired up the water heater. The shower went fine other than the water tank is still filled with soft water from previous fills, making rinsing take longer than I'd like. I suppose I should rate the trailer shower since I do it for the campgrounds. Small stall, no drying area, no interior shelves, but an interior seat (the toilet lid), lots of hot water & a medium pressure shower head. Overall, I really can't give it better than a D, but it is mine!

I tried sitting outside after my shower, but fairly heavy clouds moved in & with the wind, even at 65°F it was uncomfortable to sit in a chair. I went for another walk around the campground. I didn't do each row - doing that would result in well over 2 miles. At 4:00 the generators started. At least everyone is good at shutting them down at 6:00.

Dinner was a grilled steak & a salad, and the remaining half of a Walmart chocolate mousse. They are too rich for me to eat an entire one in one sitting.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment