Tuesday, February 8, 2022

2021 - 2022 Trip To The Southwest, Day 111

 Tuesday, February 8, 2022, Dome Rock BLM, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 6

A Hummingbird, Just Don't Ask What Kind!

I walked to the base of Dome Rock this morning, but declined to climb it! After breakfast I wandered around taking a few photos. Eventually, I headed to the ARCO station for a shower. I got a heads up on the ARCO station - they have 2 showers, so there is often a wait, but they are full bathrooms with sink, toilet & a huge shower with both a handheld as well as the standard showerhead. They supply a towel, washcloth & a real, not paper bath mat as well as soap, all for $7.00. I had a short wait, and it was well worth it.

Back at the trailer I put the 70 - 200 mm zoom lens on the camera and took a few hummingbird photos. I used my iBird Photo Sleuth app to attempt to ID the birds, but evidently, it doesn't do too well with Dome Rock hummingbirds, It was 60% sure that these are Anna's, Black Chinned, or Costa's hummingbirds. I guess there could have been 3 different birds, but the first three images were the same bird & given different names.  It is 70% sure that the one in the photo above is a Broad Billed, but the bill sure doesn't look like it.

After adding the hummingbird photos I did another walk around.  As usual, many more photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Dinner was a cheeseburger (real ground beef, not a Bubba Burger) and a salad.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment