Friday, February 25, 2022

2021 - 2022 Trip To The Southwest, Day 128

 Friday, February 25, Desert Trails RV Park, Tucson, AZ - 134.8 Miles, 4,564.9 Miles for the Trip

Site 64

Since I had a relatively short drive, I was in no hurry to get out of the campground. I left around 10:00. I checked the propane before I left & I was down one tank. My AllStays app showed propane at the Texaco station in Why, so I pulled in. Price was $3.99 par gallon + tax. Luckily. there was a sign on the propane pump saying "Out of Order". So, on I went. On Ajo Way west of Tucson I stopped at a gas station that had an ACE hardware store next door. ACE had propane at $2.64 including tax, so I got the tank filled. Not sure why, but the tank took 5 gallons, quite a bit more than the 4.7 it usually takes. Either their meter is off or I have a very full tank!

I pulled into the Desert Trails RV park around 1:00 & was assigned site 64, a full hookup site for $46.00 per night with taxes & fees. I guess my campground average price is going to start climbing. It was $12.43 per night up to today. The park has WiFi, but I couldn't find any of the networks provided in the handout.  AT&T is 9.4Mbps down and 5.5Mbps up. Verizon is 55.5Mbps down & 5.6Mbps up.

After setting up I headed to the nearest Allstate office to get my NY proof of insurance card for the next 6 months. I really need to sit down with an independent insurance agent to see how much better I could do if I moved my auto & homeowners to someone other than Allstate. They keep getting more expensive with every renewal.

Back at the RV park I started 2 loads of laundry & changed the sheets on the bed. There is a taco truck sitting outside the laundry - sure is tempting for dinner. After dinner I did a 3rd load of laundry.

I had a couple of chicken tacos for dinner. They were pretty small, so I went back and got a sincronizada, which I have never heard of. More than enough.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment