Tuesday, February 1, 2022

2021 - 2022 Trip To The Southwest, Day 104

 Tuesday, February 1, 2022, La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 53

A warm night; 50°F at 7:00AM. By the time I climbed out of bed Lou & Judy in the 5th wheel across from me pulled out. They are heading to the dump station & La Posa Tyson Wash for the rest of the winter. There is one Class A motorhome all the way to the northwestern end of the area whose owners I haven't met left in the area.

After breakfast I tried using my Verizon cell modem after my 50GB high speed allocation ran out during the middle of the night. I go back on full speed tomorrow, but I got the chance to see how useful the modem was at 600KB. I just love that they call it unlimited - while I could read email & view image-less forums, things like Facebook become unusable. I could use my Verizon phone's data hotspot allocation of 15GB, but instead switched to the AT&T cell modem. AT&T is getting usable as folks leave the area. I still see over 25 WiFi ssids on my unamplified laptop WiFi, so there are still lots of folks on the internet.

After a bit of reading, I went to the Social Security webpage to see if I could find my 1099SS so I could finish my taxes. It would make sense to put a link to the PDF location on your SS landing page, but you have to search around and look in "Replacement Documents" to find it. Of course I'm not replacing anything, but...

Anyhow, I finished my very simple federal & state taxes.

After that it was off to the laundromat for what should have been two loads of wash. Instead I stuffed it all in one of the commercial front loading machines. Bad idea - you could wring water out of the clothes after the spin cycle. Anything I saved with the single washer was spent on the two 40 minutes runs on the dryers necessary to finish things.

I stopped at the Coyote Market for one of their rib meals. Baby back ribs, mac & cheese & green beans, large enough that I'll make two meals out of it. I'll snack for dinner.

The BLM brought in a back hoe to clear out the garbage bags pilled along side the overflowing roll off, and the garbage truck dropped off another roll off next to it, so I walked over to drop off 2 days worth of garbage. Now there are two empty rolloffs next to each other. Would have been more practical if they did that during the Big Tent Show week. Speaking (well, typing) of the Big Tent, all it is is poles. The shell is already gone.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment