Thursday, December 16, 2021

2021 - 2022 Trip To The Southwest, Day 57

 Thursday, December 16, 2021, La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 8

The coldest night so far at Quartzsite - down to 30°F at 7:00AM. The furnace kept the inside of the trailer at 59°F at the head of the bed with the thermostat set for 64°F. The batteries, under the rear bench seat, were down to 47°F. Clear skies & strong sunshine warmed things up quickly, although "warmed up" is relative - I don't see anyone wandering around in shorts, and at 11:30 is is still only 52°F outside.

So, still a bit cool for sitting outside reading, so I read inside. Tried to read forums, but neither AT&T nor Verizon was cooperating. I'm up to 43% reading Written In My Own Heart's Blood so I have a long way to go. 

I went for a walk, then headed to the Barber / Firewood / Used Books / Beauty Aids / Showers for a $5.00 shower. No difference from the $10.00 showers across the street!

By the time I got back I decided it was worth trying to site outside and read. As long as you were in the sun it was OK, but the shade cooled of quickly. 

Dinner was a chicken pot pie.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment