Thursday, December 30, 2021

2021 - 2022 Trip To The Southwest, Day 71

 Thursday, December 30, 2021, La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 20

This must be the winter of the furnace. First a wire popped out of the thermostat shutting it down (well, maybe not) then the sail switch dies, and last night (actually this morning around 4:00AM) the thermostat shuts off. The screen looked just like it did when I thought a wire was loose - dead. This time I pulled the +12V lead, put it back and the thermostat rebooted. I decided that it is time to go back top the old, but simple thermostat. No WiFi, Bluetooth, etc, but maybe it will manage to work through the night.

I bought a bacon breakfast burrito & coffee from Marie's stand this morning. Huge, as usual, but not as good as I remember. Still a very filling breakfast.

After breakfast I dug out the stock thermostat & installed it. The fancy Micro-Air Easy Touch is much easier to set, shows the room temperature, and can be adjusted from my phone, but if it keeps failing, it won't cut it. This is a replacement for one that completely died last Spring. It has a 2 year warranty, so I will send it back, but even if I put the replacement in, I will hang on to the original.

After that I listened to the remainder of Louise Penny's All The Devils Are Here. I had to finish it soon because the NY public Library informed me that Diane Gabaldon's Go Tell The Bees That I Am Gone has arrived - and is loaned for 21 days. This is the first time I listened to one of her books rather than read one; I read much faster than I listen. You can speed up the spoken books, but they don't sound right when you do, so I hope I can get through the entire thing before my loan expires. She does write long books; 46 individual 20MB or so files! 

While it made it to 61°F, with the wind & shade it felt cold sitting outside. I spent an hour or so chatting with the ladies with the Class B vans before calling it quits and heading back inside. We did get enough sun to top off the batteries, but lots of clouds.

Dinner was a Saffron Road Chicken Biryani microwave dinner.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment