Friday, December 31, 2021

2021 - 2022 Trip To The Southwest, Day 72

 Friday, December 31, 2021, La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 21

Sitting Around The Campfire

A warmer than usual night, only going down to the high 40's. The replacement thermostat worked fine & I was toasty all night. A bit of sun came out as I left for the walk for coffee, but while it didn't rain, there was a very heavy mist in the air that condensed on my sweatshirt. 

After getting back to the trailer I had an English muffin for breakfast & read a bunch of forums on the computer. 

I decided to set up the Clam. I figure it will be a place out of the wind to sit outside the trailer. The plastic stakes that come with the Clam are useless in the Quartzsite desert. Hitting them with a hammer just messes up the top of them. I used the 20 penny nails I bought at KB Tools.

More Winnebago Travatos showed up - we now have 5 of them here at La Posa West, all women traveling alone & all friends. Rumor has it more are on the way.

We had a one of the first very colorful sunsets of this year's stay at Quartzsite:

I sat around chatting with some throughout the afternoon. Lou & Judy in the 5th wheel put together a chicken chili soup for dinner. We all brought something to add, and had a nice New Years dinner. I got to use my new fire starter (a propane weed burner) to fire up a campfire and we sat around talking until 7:00 or so when I headed in to do my eye drops & everyone else headed back to their vans.

More photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Dinner was the get together for Chicken Chili Soup.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment