Friday, December 17, 2021

2021 - 2022 Trip To The Southwest, Day 58

 Friday, December 17, 2021, La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 9

Another cool night, although not as cold as last night. I had a busy day (at least for Quartzsite). Said good by to my neighbor & his friendly dog - my section of La Posa West is pretty empty. I thought about moving to my old spot (where the neighbor was) but am settled enough that I decided to stay.

A little after lunch I made a trip to Parker. First stop was at Ace Hardware to pick up the 3/4" PVC pipe & fittings to add to the portable solar panel frame. After that I filled up the truck - gas at at the Running Man stations on either side of town @ $3.45 is $.35 per gallon cheaper than here at Quartzsite. Since I was in the "Big City", I stopped at CVS for a couple of cans of Gold Emblem Cashew Macadamia Nut Mix. Unfortunately, only one can left on the shelf. Picked up a bunch of groceries at the Safeway next door, then headed across AZ 95 to Walmart. I only needed a quart of juice that I couldn't find at Safeway & deodorant, but there was a good 20 minute wait at each cash register, so didn't bother to shop; I'll just have to stink for a couple of days or find it in Quartzsite. 

Back at the trailer I discovered that a package from my daughter's family arrived at Quiet Times, so I stopped by to pick up it & an Amazon delivery. Same ladies running the place & they still have, like much of Quartzsite, the business for sale.

The Amazon package included my replacement Victron DC to DC converter. It is a 30 amp unit, compared to the older 9 amp. Enough larger that I need to add a 10" piece of 1" X 6" to hold it. Would have been nice to have known before I hit Ace Hardware in Parker - The only hardware store here in Quartzsite closed down a few years ago. 

I had a late lunch when I got back from Parker, so dinner will be a mixed fruit bowl.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment