Saturday, June 23, 2012

Yosemite National Park

Tunnel View, Yosemite National Park, CA

Saturday, June 32 - Lee Vining, CA, Day 2 - Yosemite National Park - 222.8 Miles Today, 8,393.8 For the Trip

I'm not sure where my weather app is getting its information, but although it predicted a low of 37°F last night it only went down to 53°F. My electric blanket was overkill!

After breakfast I decided that since I was fairly close to Yosemite National Park, I should visit. Of course, close is relative - I managed to put 222.8 miles on the RAV4 (without the trailer) just driving into and around the park. The last time I drove through Tioga Pass was in 2004 and while I'm sure I could pull the trailer through the park on CA 120, I wouldn't (and wouldn't be allowed to) take it up to Glacier Point, my favorite viewing area. As usual, I always seem to hit Yosemite on a weekend & it was as crowded as usual. No hikes today, but a number of stops for photos. The close up of half dome shows people walking around on top. Photos at LakeshoreImages, Day 52.

After getting back to Lee Vining, I decided I didn't want to cook so I bought a pizza in a pizza place in town. It was interesting - Barbecued Chicken with a barbecue sauce rather than traditional tomato sauce. Different, but I don't think I'd order it again.

Till Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment