Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Salt Lake City, UT

All I Have is a Campground Photo

Tuesday, June 19 - Salt Lake City, UT - 209.4 Miles Today, 6,874.6 For the Trip

Not a lot going on today. Only photo is the trailer at site 162 at the Lagoon Campground. It is next to an amusement park - nosier than I'd like, but maybe it will calm down later after the roller coasters stop for the night. I did get my camera sensor cleaned but all the RV repair places were booked for weeks in advance, so I'm not going to have electric on my refrigerator for awhile. I also stopped at a Target & replenished supplies. Unfortunately, none of my favorite authors have new paperback books out. I'm down to two left which is not good - I usually go through 2-3 per week.

I did manage to finish Andrew Gross's "Eyes Wide Open" even though it got soaked at the Zion River Resort. While I was in the shower the lawn watering system came on. I had left the book in in my chair, which was filled with water! Only good thing about low humidity & 90°+ temperatures - it dried out fairly well, although it ended up twice as thick as when new.

Dinner was a Bubba Burger, left over rice & steamed snap peas.

Till Tomorrow -

2 comments:

  1. Jon...meant to ask you...are you heading back home after the Oregon Rally...if not I will be at the East end of Glacier the 14th of August..between the 20 something of July till then I will be meandering my way north....would enjoy meeting if possible..... Later Horst

    ReplyDelete
  2. My plans always seem to change, but currently, after Oregon I'm heading to the north side of the Cascades, wander around WA & OR, and hit the Leadville area of Colorado in August. I need to be back in NY by October 1st, but I'm not sure where I'll be before that...

    ReplyDelete