Monday, June 4, 2012

Canyonlands National Park, UT

Canyonlands National Park, UT

Monday, June 4 - Moab, UT, Day 4 - Canyonlands - 122.1 Miles Today, 5241.7 For the Trip

Unfortunately, I'm still in Site 16, Riverside Oasis (although there are far worse places to be). I called Dead Horse at 8:00 & they informed me that there were still two sites, but since the people in them were still asleep they didn't know if they were going to stay. I took a chance & drove out (you have to do the paperwork in person, not over the phone.) When I got there they told me one of the sites decided to stay & there was already someone waiting for the other site. They told me the best bet was to shoot for Wednesday - as on now all 4 non-reservable sites are expected to be open.

I did drive into Canyonlands & took a few photos, (A couple more at LakeshoreImages) then back to Moab for a haircut. I spent the rest of the day doing nothing except baking in my chair. I'm hoping I'll adjust to the 98°F weather, but so far it still feels like an oven!

Until Next Time -

No comments:

Post a Comment