Monday, July 11, 2011

St Mary Campground, Glacier National Park, MT

Today's Photo - Site B85, St Mary Campground, Glacier National Park, MT















I'm back in the US. I crossed the border at CA 2 / US 89 with no problems, I wasn't even asked "Why did you come all the way to the west to buy your trailer" this time. The first photo on the Lakeshore Images Trip Journal  page is the view of the Rockies from about a mile before the border crossing.

I decided to spend a night at St Mary Campground in East Glacier to see how well the trailer worked without hookups in the sun. St Mary Campground is very open; site 85 has brush around it, but no trees. Another advantage of a small trailer - the site puts the door & awning on the wrong side but the trailer is small enough that I could turn it around (on the one way road) and now the door faces both the view & the picnic table.

At the entrance station the ranger told me that they expected to open the Going to the Sun road on Wednesday, so rather than one night I decided to go for three so I could drive the road again. Let's hope it does open on time!

Since I drove by the Two Sisters Cafe, I stopped to get a another photo that included the entire cafe.

I had been wondering what the voice mail on my phone was - I didn't access it in Canada, and here at the campground I have a good Verizon signal, but no AT&T, which has been typical in many of the areas I've visited. If you have a choice and want coverage in the more remote areas of the US, particularly the West, I suggest using Verizon over AT&T.

Anyhow, I drove to Browning, MT to get gas, groceries, and an AT&T cell signal. The voice mail was HSBC card security telling me to call them. The interesting thing about that is that when I contacted them from Canada, the told me they contacted me by email because they didn't have a phone number for me. Very interesting!

I got back to the campground around 3:00 & plan to do nothing (other than slap mosquitos - they are just as bad here as at the Daisy May campground). Dinner will be a steak & green beans.


Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment