Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Spearfish, SD

Today's Photo - Roughlock Falls, Savoy, SD















Not a lot of photos today. I drove to Roughlock Falls which is on SD 222, a well graded dirt road off US 14A near Spearfish. It is a pretty falls, although the time of day & the vegetation and decking around it all get in the way of a good photograph. 


I looked for campgrounds a bit further east on US 212, and didn't find any, so I'm in the Spearfish KOA. By now I have paid for my card. It is a nice, open, level pull through site (#31) with a welcome shade tree over the trailer. It isn't quite as hot as it has been over the last couple of days; more like the Oswego summer temperatures I'm used to - it's 83°F by the thermometer under the propane tank cover.



Not sure what is for dinner tonight - they have a restaurant at the campground which is tempting!

Until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment