Monday, February 5, 2024

23 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 113

Monday, February 5, 2024 - Dome Rock, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 5 - 0 Miles, 3,452.3 Miles for the trip 

Well, everything was back to normal this morning, so I suspect what ever was causing the credentials error has gone away.

Lots of new arrivals today, at least 4 during my morning walk. More arrived throughout the day. In past years I did a count of trailers, but I think I'll leave it up to someone else. I've heard that at least 2 people are doing a count, so I'll get it from them.

I hung around the trailer reading Facebook, forums & journals then tried to call my doctor for a prescription refill. They shut down 12:00 - 1:00 except for emergencies, and it was 10:00 when I tried to call. so, another hour hanging out & reading. After leaving a message with one of the nurses, I headed to the laundromat. Very busy - I couldn't get a front loader, but managed to get my laundry basket load into two standard top loaders. $2.50 per load, $.25 per 5 minutes for the dryers. Lots of space for folding, and while crowded, I didn't have to wait for washers or dryers.

While my clothes were in the dryers I headed for a shower. Up a dollar from 2022 at $11.00 for 20 minutes; they provide the soap, shampoo washcloth & towel. Along with the extras, the individual showers are medium size, large drying area, a bench, shelves in both the shower & drying area, and a bench. They provide a paper shower mat. Overall an A on the JV shower rating scale.

I picked up a couple of gallons of spring water, and went in search of Anasazi Beans for my daughter. The booth that sold them in 2022 is no longer there so I'll have to look else ware. I found them at Amazon (of course) from the same folks that packaged the ones I bought in 2022 so I sent her an order. For those that haven't had Anasazi beans, they are sweeter, cook faster, and produce 80% less gas than than pinto beans.

Back at the trailer I put the clothes away, then headed out to take a few photos.




More at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Dinner was a Saffron Road Chicken Biryani bowl, and, at this evenings campfire, delicious cornbread, and other snacks.

Around the Campfire

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment