Sunday, February 18, 2024

23 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 126

Sunday, February 18, 2024 - Lost Dutchman State Park, Apache Junction, AZ - 255.2 Miles, 3,796.4 Miles for the trip 

Last night was the final night for me at the rodeo grounds. Lots of the California folks left along with me this morning since there is another atmospheric rivers heading into southern California. They do have a Sunday night show that we will miss. 

I was up a little earlier than usual so I could say good by to Dan & Chris, but hung around until 9:30. Part of I10 was closed due to an accident, so I did some exploring around Phoenix. I only added 5 minutes to the trip to the park, and lost far more time waiting for 1 5th wheel at the dump station. If I had known he was going to take half an hour to dump I would have waited to dump on the way out of the park, but it isn't an easy dump station to back out of. 

I'm in site 100, a pull through with water & electric, paved, picnic table and a grill/fire pit. $36.50 per night including a $3.20 reservation fee (one of the cheapest reservation fees I've ever seen). Lost Dutchman is my favorite Arizona State Park. Almost all the sites have a great view of the Superstition Mountains (check out the view from my site), and the sunsets can be wonderful. There are two other Escapes in this loop, both 19's. I checked the AT&T speeds - 41.8Mbps down & 1.1Mbps up, good enough for me.

Site 100

A very long walk to the bathrooms; the closest one is the same one that I used on the trip out. The individual showers still have sprung doors so only one regular & the handicapped close.

I met a couple with another Escape 19 that were out for a walk & while we hadn't previously met, we knew each other through the forums. They are on the other side of the park and will move over to this loop on Tuesday. I just watched another Escape drive by as I was typing.

After setting up I started today's post, and by now it is time for dinner which will be an Amy's Tortilla Casserole & Black Bean bowl. By the way, it is still 74°F at 6:00. I ran the AC for a bit after I set up.

A couple of sunset photos. Not as much color as sometimes, but it sure changes fast:

4:00

5:54

6:02

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment