Monday, February 19, 2024

23 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 127

Monday, February 19, 2024 - Lost Dutchman State Park, Apache Junction, AZ, Day 2 - 0 Miles, 3,796.4 Miles for the trip 

While there is some sky glow from Apache Junction, and a few homes to the northeast with night lights, the Lost Dutchman park is usually a good place to watch the stars. Last night there was enough moonlight to kill most of the stars, but I played with trying to get a balance between the stars, moon & mountain:

The Superstitions Under the Stars

On my morning walk I went up the loop & took the trail to the other bathroom. Indoor showers that don't have broken doors, but even further away. Since the gray tank is empty & I have a water connection, I think I'll shower in the trailer.

I added the 2025 Rally Map to some of the forums. It only has 2 rallies on it so far; the 2024 has more than 40.

After lunch I sat out with the Nikon 850 & the 70-200mm f:2.8 lens to try for some hummingbird photos. I got a few others:

Curved Bill Thrasher

Anna's Hummingbird

A Lizard

Cactus Wren

Eventually I headed in for a shower. As usual, more time wiping down the shower than taking it, but it works.

Dinner was a Butterball Turkey Burger & a salad.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment