Monday, February 12, 2024

23 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 120

Monday, February 12, 2024 - SARA Rodeo Grounds, Lake Havasu City, AZ - 37.8 Miles, 3,541.2 Miles for the trip 

I don't know if it was the change of altitude, moving 50 miles north, or just the weather, but it was warmer last night & this morning than in Quartzsite. Warm enough that there were folks playing on the river:

A Jet Ski on the Colorado River

I had a lazy morning since I can't get into the Rodeo grounds until noon and it is only 40 miles away. 

I arrived around 12:30, registered, and was guided to site A19. A great site since it is against the wall looking over the field where the fireworks take place. Dan & Chris are next to me in their Bigfoot, but the rest of the Fiberglass group is scattered around the parking lot. I knew we all would not be able to get in the "A"row, but we were suppose to be together. Not even close. My site, like all of them, is a 20' X 40' piece of a parking lot - Dry camping for the week. I'm here until Sunday, even though the reservation is good through Monday.

Site A19

Cost is $250 for the week; $41.67 per night leaving on Sunday but if I stayed the full week it goes down to $35.71. Not inexpensive for dry camping, but the fireworks is the real draw, not the "campground". Needed 3" side to side & 2" lowering of the tongue to level. After setting up I headed to Walgreens for some prescriptions, and Safeway for some food.

While I posted this with AT&T and have been using it to read today's forums, blogs & journals, it isn't all that fast. Took almost 4 minutes to post the 4 images. I suspect it will get worse as the park fills.

I spend part of the afternoon sitting outside reading; finished John Scalzi's The Consuming Fire, and started book 3, The Last Emperox. A well written SiFi series. I took a break from reading and wandered over to Paula's Oliver for a chat, then came back to the trailer & texted back & forth with Anne planning our trip to the Algonac Rally, which is at Lakeport State Park this year because the Algonac park is closed for a rehab. She is going to make the reservations since I'm still on the road & not sure I'll have a decent internet connection on the date 6 months before the rally.

Dinner was a Butterball Turkey Burger & a salad.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment