Monday, February 26, 2024

23 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 134

Monday, February 26, 2024 - Roadrunner RV Park, Deming, NM, Day 2 - 0 Miles, 4,160.9 Miles for the trip 

I mailed a singing birthday card to my friend Anne in Binghamton, NY. The post office insisted that it had to go as a package because it was too thick. I'm used to paying a bit extra to mail my talking or singing cards, but $5.55 is more than I expected. I could have overnighted it for $47.50, but passed that up. By the way, there is no overnight to Deming - a couple of years ago I had an overnight package sent to me & it took 3 days.

I discovered that one of my propane tanks was empty (I have them on auto switch over so I have to look under the cover for the red band on the regulator with an auto inspector mirror, so I first tried the place I'm staying in - they had a tank, but no certified operator. Went down the road to Tractor Supply, which almost always has propane, but not in Deming. They sent me to the Little Vineyard RV Park, which happens to be next door to the Roadrunner RV Park where I'm staying. No problem with the fill, although expensive at $3.96 a gallon. 

No sitting outside - while at 74°F, it is warm enough, there is a steady wind of 20MPH with 33 MPH gusts blowing at the back of the trailer. By the way, the trains run closer to the RV park than at the Lordstown KOA, but they are not all that loud, and not that many of them. The road noise from I 10 is barely noticeable. Still, basically a parking lot with hookups.

Site 66, Roadrunner RV Park, Deming, nm

The rest of the day was spent reading Green Mars, the second of three long books about the colonization of Mars by Kim Stanley Robinson. I finished listening to This Side of Brightness by Colum McCann, and started Frederick Forsyth's audio book The Veteran.

Dinner was a Boston Market Sweet & Sour Chicken meal.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment