Thursday, February 15, 2024

23 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 123

Thursday, February 15, 2024 - SARA Rodeo Grounds, Lake Havasu City, AZ, Day 4 - 0 Miles, 3,541.2 Miles for the trip 

A fairly warm night; the lowest my outdoor thermometer showed was 53°F. I changed the sheets, than did my morning back exercises. 

I didn't do my usual walk this morning because we decided to go to breakfast at Sam's Place. A decent breakfast. I asked for crisp bacon with my eggs, hash browns & sourdough toast, and when it arrived the bacon was anything but. About 3 minutes later the waitress arrived with a plate of 5 pieces of crisp bacon & apologized for the mistake. I didn't even have to ask.

After breakfast it was off to the Modern Laundromat. It was modern. No top loading washers, but 2, 3, 4, 6 basket load front loaders and three sizes of dryers. Some of the machines can use a credit card instead of a pile of quarters. Since I was washing my flannel sheets & they take up a whole top loader machine I used one 3 basket machine at $5.00 ($.50 extra for a second rinse) for the heaping laundry basket, and $1.50 each for 45 minutes of drying in 2 of the smallest driers. After that I stopped at Walmart for a few things. Walmart is 12 miles from the SARA Rodeo Grounds - Lake Havasu is spread out and Walmart is on the opposite side of town.

Back at the trailer I put the laundry away then sat outside & finished reading Dirty Thirty. I started Eliot Pattison's Bone Rattler, a new author for me.

My neighbor on the opposite side from Dan & Chris never ran his on board generator, which was good because they are usually very loud and the exhaust was aimed directly at my door. Unfortunately, today they brought out a Honda 1000 watt generator and ran it all day. Fairly quiet, but still I prefer solar.

Dinner was leftovers from the pot luck. I warmed up the tamales in my oven & the spanish rice in the microwave. 

After dinner we gathered in the space behind the trailers and watched the fireworks demos. Again, these are not shows, just demonstrations of different fireworks, so most of these are individual bursts.






Some samples.  Many more at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment