Saturday, December 28, 2019

Day 69, Saturday, December 28, 2019 - La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 20

I took a long morning walk around the campground, but didn't go for coffee at the 76 station. Cold at 38°F at 8:30 AM, but lots of sun. The solar panels finally got to put back three days worth of usage - 1.42KWh into the trailer & batteries, which started the day down 72 amp hours. They were full by 2:30.

I spent most of the day as usual, reading both on line & my Kindle. Current book is A Beginner's Guide to Free Fall by Andy Abramowitz. At first, not my type of book, but it grows on you.

I did fire up the water heater to do dishes since I made lots of dirty ones making bacon & pancakes for breakfast. As usual, when there is a wind blowing against the water heater it sets off the CO detectors in the trailer. I've done everything I can think of to seal the outside from the inside, but is is still a problem, particularly today since it is still cool out & opening up the trailer to let out the CO sure cools it down quickly.

That was about it for the day.

Dinner was a trip to the new Chinese restaurant. While they have a very limited menu, what was available was good. You got to fill a Styrofoam container with Sesame Chicken, vegetables, fried rice & a spring roll plus some additions I couldn't name for $10.00. Two kinds of soup. Eat in or take out - If you ate in, you could keep going back, then fill the container to go home. I just went back to the trailer with a full container, but there were a bunch of folks that were chowing down.

Until Next Time -

No comments:

Post a Comment