Thursday, December 19, 2019

Day 60, La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 11

Another cool (29°F) night, but since I walked to the 76 station for coffee rather than make a pot here at the trailer, I was only down to 74% after breakfast. Lots of sun today. Although it never warmed up beyond 62°F, if felt warmer because of the sun. I spent the day reading. I took the garbage to the dumpsters around 2:00 & met the owner of the Casita. She is almost full timing, from the East & exploring the West. Plans to spend the summer checking out the west coast. We chatted for a while & I discovered one of her mother's favorite parks is my favorite state park - Ricketts Glen in PA.

I checked with Amazon, and half my order that was shipped to Rite Aid in Blythe is in. I hope the rest of it is in by the end of the month so I can pick up both on one trip. They will send the first item back on January 1st if I don't pick it up.

Back at the trailer, since the batteries were full by 3:00, I decided to cook a microwave dinner. 6 minutes on high dropped the batteries by 6%, but they were back to full by 4:15. The solar panels peaked at 271 watts, and by the end of the day, put 1.22KWH into the trailer.

My early dinner was an Eating Well Chicken & Wild Rice Stroganoff with Brussels Sprouts, one of my favorites. They prove that it is possible to make excellent microwave chicken, something that most of the other quick meal suppliers can't.

I'll snack on crackers & cheese later.

Until Next Time -

No comments:

Post a Comment