Monday, December 30, 2019

Day 71, Monday, December 30, 2019 - La Posa West LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 22

I walked to the 76 station, along with my neighbor for coffee. After that it was a quick breakfast & some on line reading. I decided it would be a good day to call Spectrum (my internet supplier back at the stick & bricks) to drop a 10 channel TV over internet package. It is only $29.99 per month, but I don't watch TV, and my son, who picked out the channels found he is only watching one of them, and his new TV gets a whole bunch of free channels.


So, I first tried on line. No way to drop a portion of your service from the web page. Tried Chat - you cannot drop any part of your service through Chat (Of course you can easily add services using either the web page or chat). So, I called. They had a number of options, including one for dropping service, so I chose that. "Your wait time is between 22 & 28 minutes." 30 minutes later I reached a customer service representative. Guess what? The service rep can't drop a service but needs to transfer you to someone who can - remember, this is the rep I reached choosing the menu tittled - "Drop Services".

Another 25 minute wait (I do wish I had started all this before I read my on line forums) to reach a young lady who's primary answer to everything was "Cool Beans". During the 3-4 times I said I wanted to drop the "TV Services" package from my internet (and she did ask why - I told her I didn't watch TV) she kept trying to sell me a Cable TV package. After I finally convinced her that I didn't want the cable package with 200 channels + Home Box Office & Showtime, she gave up and tried to sell me a cell phone package. It took many "NO's!" but after another 15 minutes, I think the package is dropped. They sent me a confirming email, but I won't believe it until I get my next bill.

It appears that Spectrum has one of the poorest customer service ratings in the industry, and I now understand why.

By the time I got done it was noon, and I headed to the Laundromat to do a couple of loads. Very busy, but I didn't have to wait for a pair of dryers. Most of those of us sitting around were complaining about the cold - even in the laundromat with 30 gas fired dryers cranking away it was freezing. I was planning to remove my sweatshirt & toss it in the wash, but it stayed on. While waiting for my dryers I took a shower, then sat in a somewhat warm corner. When I went to check to see if the dryers were done someone was standing up against the doors of my set (I had a top & bottom dryer in the same row) keeping warm!

So, I'm now back at the trailer with the clothes put away and still, at 3:00 in the afternoon, burning propane to keep the trailer at 60°F. It is also cloudy - I only managed to put 380 watt hours back into the trailer by 3:00, although I didn't use all that much last night so I'm up to 90% on the batteries.

Dinner was a chicken leg & thigh and coleslaw.

Until Next Time -

No comments:

Post a Comment