Monday, November 6, 2017

Day 94, Monday, November 6, 2017 - Hole in the Wall Campground, Mojave National Preserve, CA

Site 7, Hole in the Wall Campground
Monday, November 6, 2017 - Hole in the Wall Campground, Mojave National Preserve, CA , 196.1 Miles, 2,829.5 Towing Miles For the Trip

Well, I'm back in California (and $4.99 gas prices at a station along I 40 - glad I filled up in Nevada). Most of the drive on US 95, where my AT&T phone came alive with messages & voice mail that had been floating around in the ether for 3 days.

I arrived at the Hole in the Wall Campground around 1:30. I was worried that there wouldn't be open sites that late, but no problems; about 3/4 of the sites are empty. I'm in site 7, a close to level pull through that only required the use the Anderson leveler to tweak the side to side leveling; I was able to leave the truck hooked up. Dry camping @ $6.00 per night with the Senior National Park pass.

After setting up, I checked the cell service availability. AT&T shows a -93dBm, 3 bar, 4G HSPA+ signal, but no internet? I don't quite understand, but Verizon, as usual pulled through with a -84dBm, 5 bar 4G LTE signal that provides fast data service, which is good, because the only FM stations in the area are Country Music, about the only kind of music I just can't listen to.

While 70°F at 3:00, I suspect it will cool off tonight since the campground is at 4000'. I took the usual campsite photo, plus a couple more around the campground. A great view out my back window...  Pictures at today's LakeshoreImages page.

I sat outside & read for much of the afternoon. Since the batteries were fully charged, dinner was an Amy's Thai Pad Thai frozen meal cooked in the microwave.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment