Friday, November 24, 2017

Day 112, Friday, November 24, 2017 - La Posa West, LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 9

Another Hummingbird
Friday, November 24, 2017 - La Posa West, LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 9, 0 Miles, 3,247.8 Towing Miles For the Trip

Another warm night. After coffee, I sat outside for a bit, then headed to Quiet Times to pick up a package from Amazon. It was there & everything worked out OK. I also stopped by a couple of the tool & hardware booths, looking for a pin punch & some bolts that fit the hinges I got from Home Depot. All I could find was tapered drift punches, which did fine for driving out the hinge pin, bit the pin was slightly under the diameter of the 1/4" bolts I bought to replace it. The drift pin did an excellent job of enlarging the hole in the hinge at both ends, but couldn't do the middle. I'm either going to have to find a slightly smaller bolt, or drill out the center part of the hinge. In any case, I'm putting off the "Tilt the Panels" operation for a bit. I also looked for some stainless bolts to attach the hinges to the panel & supports, but the only stainless I found were in a bin of loose screws & bolts. I did find a couple that were the right size, but after 5 minutes of digging through the mess, I quit. I'll pick some up when I got to Lowes to pick up my 5" fence post.

Other than that, the day was spent reading forums, journals, and my current book.

I got an email from the Tadi Brothers, a company that I have purchased back up cameras from. They asked me to stick a link in one of my blog posts, and since I've been happy with they service, here it is: Tadi Brothers. I really liked the mirror mounted monitor for its location, however the first one that came with my system was too reflective. Since they expect you to use it as both a mirror & monitor, it is coated. I asked if they had anything less reflective & they sent me a replacement. While it was much better & I used it for the entire time I pulled the 17B with the truck, I still wished they (or someone) made a non reflective, mirror mounted monitor. Since I remove it when not towing, I don't need or want the reflective coating. In any case, I found Tadi Brothers a good company to do business with.

I took a few more hummingbird photos while sitting around, this time at 1/8000th of a second. A bit noisy due to the high ISO, but it did completely freeze the wings. More photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Around 4:30 I started thinking about dinner, and decided to go to Silly Al's for pizza. For those that don't plan to stay in Quartzsite, Silly Ala is worth a stop if you are in the area. Excellent pizza with fast service. They have a loud live band on weekends, so if you want to chat with who ever you are with, either eat early or on a weekday.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment