Thursday, November 16, 2017

Day 104, Thursday, November 16, 2017 - La Posa West, LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ

The Escape & The Scorpion
Thursday, November 16, 2017 - La Posa West, LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, 162.9 Miles, 3,247.8 Towing Miles For the Trip

On the way out of Borrego Springs, I stopped by a couple of the sculptures to take a photo with the trailer, hopefully for the Escape Calendar. It is too late for 2018, but I'll send them in for 2019. And, I have to admit I got 7 miles out of town before I remembered, so I had to go back. Photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Not a bad drive to Quartzsite. I'm back in Mountain Time, so I arrived an hour later than expected. I bought a season (7 month September - April ) pass for $180.00. If I spend time away from the LTVA (Long Term Visitor Area), I might have saved money buying a bunch of 2 week tickets for $40.00 each, but the season pass makes it easier, and just a week gets me back down to my average campground cost.

My usual spot has a Class A RV in it, so I parked a bit further down the "road", still in La Posa West. If they leave, I'll move so the California crew that I get together with during the January RV show will be in the same place. If not, we will just have to move. No site number, just a piece of the desert. There is some traffic noise from both AZ 95 & I 10, but far enough away that you don't hear anything with the trailer closed.

It is interesting how much at home I feel. I've only spent 3 winters in the Arizona Desert, but somehow Quartzsite grows on you. I'll never give up summers in upstate NY on Lake Ontario, but it did feel great to move in to Quartzsite. It is early in the season - most of the shops & booths are still closed. I didn't fire up the Verizon Jetpack (which worked great last year) but did plug in the AT&T Mobley. Very fast -97dBm 4G LTE service. Since it is unlimited data, I don't know how much I'll be using the Verizon service...

I'm back to needing to pay attention to electricity usage after being spoiled for a couple of days with full hookups at Ansa-Borrego. We will find out how well the two rooftop panels do with the low angle winter sun. If they don't cut it, I'll add the portable, but if I can leave it in the truck, I will.

After setting up I sat out & read for a bit, then made dinner, which was the left over steak made into fajitas.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment