Saturday, November 4, 2017

Day 92, Saturday, November 4, 2017 - Valley of Fire State Park, Overton, NV, Day 4

The Fire Wave
Saturday, November 4, 2017 - Valley of Fire State Park, Overton, NV, Day 4, 0 Miles, 2,633.4 Towing Miles For the Trip

Very windy last night & this morning. In fact, windy enough that they canceled the Atlatl demonstration. Since I had walked down to the picnic area where they do the demo, I took a couple of photos of the Petroglyphs next door.

The AT&T data connection had been intermittent today. At times it is OK, but will drop out for minutes at a time. Verizon is also slower than normal, but did let me load the photos from early this afternoon.

Around 4:00 I decided to see what the "golden hour" light was like at the Fire Wave. It is a short .6 mile hike (although part on soft sand). Not terribly crowded for a weekend; maybe the wind was keeping people away. In any case, the morning golden hour would be much better - most of the wave was in shadow. Still, I took a few images of it, and more of the surrounding area.

On the drive back I was presented with some close up views of the Desert Bighorn Sheep. I don't know if it is the same herd as the other day, but they were eating right on the roadside. Lots of cars stopped taking pictures, so I joined them. The Desert Bighorn Sheep photos and many more at today's LakeshoreImages page.

It was close to 6:00 when I got back to the trailer, and since the plan is for a chicken pot pie, which takes an hour to bake, dinner will be a bit late.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment