Monday, November 13, 2017

Day 98, Friday, November 10, 2017 - Jumbo Rocks, Joshua Tree National Park, CA, Day 3

Sunset
Friday, November 10, 2017 - Jumbo Rocks, Joshua Tree National Park, CA, Day 3, 0 Miles, 2,950.7 Towing Miles For the Trip

This morning I discovered that it is Veteran's Day weekend. Since retiring, I don't pay much attention to holidays since every day is one, although as a vet, I do sometimes take advantage of the stores that offer discounts to vets on Veteran's day. In any case, the reason I bring it up (other than to thank all Veterans for what they have done for us all) is I had planed on leaving on Sunday, but with the long weekend, it might be better to wait until Monday to try to find a place at the next stop (where ever that will be).

I counted underwear, and discovered that I only have until Sunday before I run out. So, around 11:00 I drove to Joshua Tree with a load of laundry. I foolishly tried to find the Kreamy Soaps Laundromat that Matilda, my GPS insisted was the closest, but it was in the middle of a development made up of dusty sand roads. It was a pretty house, but I doubt they would let me use their washer & dryer. Again, using Safari to find an address for the Joshua Tree Laundry, I found it on main street 5 miles closer to the campground than Kreamy Soaps. Very busy place - I had to wait a bit to get a machine after filling the only empty one to find that it wouldn't take any money. It was interesting taking my clothes out of the washer. Two very light weight, bright red 2XX tops seemed to have joined my laundry. I suspect they were stuck to the top of the front loading drum. I left them on top of the machine since I don't look good in spaghetti string tops, and 2XX is a bit large for me!

While my clothes were in the dryer I wandered next door to the second hand store & picked up a dozen books, and a lid for my small frying pan. A good deal on the books - they were listed at $.50 for paperbacks & $1.00 for hard cover. I had a mix of each, and they priced them at $3.00. They were having a bag sale...

Back at the campground I made the bed, put the clothes away, and sat outside reading. I was here for the sunset, however it wasn't all that exciting. I did take a few afternoon light shots of the rocks & stuff. More photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

All the campgrounds at Joshua Tree are full. There are still people circling the loops looking, and my next door neighbor had to chase people out of my parking space even though it is not marked as a separate site. Lots of doubling up on tent and RV sites (they allow two vehicles per site, although if you have a trailer, it & the tow vehicle each count, for a total of 2. You would think that looking at a trailer, there would have to be something to pull it, but people kept trying to park in front of it while I was off doing laundry.

Dinner was finally the Bubba Burger, along with a grilled piece of corn on the cob.

Until the Next Internet Connection -

No comments:

Post a Comment