Monday, November 20, 2017

Day 108, Monday, November 20, 2017 - La Posa West, LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 5

Monday, November 20, 2017 - La Posa West, LTVA, Quartzsite, AZ, Day 5, 0 Miles, 3,247.8 Towing Miles For the Trip

I was not all that impressed with the Cheese Taquitos, but they are about as close as I'm going to get to the Empanadas, so I'll live with them.

I changed the masthead photo.  Since it has been 6 months since I owned the Escape 17B, and a year and one half since the RAV4, I guess it was time.  The current photo is of the Escape 21 & a bit of the truck taken with the Scorpion at Borrego Springs.

After the walk for coffee &breakfast, I read for about an hour, then headed to Lake Havasu City & Anderson Toyota for my truck's 30K service. I'm very impressed with Anderson. No push for extras, and during the systems check, they discovered the battery didn't pass the load test, so they put a new one in for free.

On the way back I stopped at Lowes & Home Depot looking for parts to make the solar panels tiltable, and hardware to put together the ladder storage tube. Much better hardware selection at Lowes, but neither had 2" stainless heavy duty hinges. We will see how Home Depot's coated hinges hold up.

I also stopped at the Lake Havasu City Walmart looking for Empanadas, as well as the Parker Walmart & Safeway - none to be had, but Safeway had Alaskan Amber Beer, so all is not lost. I also picked up some Safeway fried chicken for dinner, and got back to the trailer around 6:00.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment