Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Day 11, Tuesday, August 15, 2017 -The Windmill Inn Motel, Lynden, WA Day 2

Downtown Lynden, WA
Tuesday, August 15, 2017 -The Windmill Inn Motel, Lynden, WA Day 2, 0 Miles, 3,283.8 Miles non towing miles For the Trip

While the Windmill Inn doesn't make the top 3 motels of the trip, it has the most comfortable bed. The room is pretty small; while there is a table, the only way to sit at it is on the bed. No where to put stuff in the bathroom - other than the toilet cover, the sink is the only flat surface & the lip is only about 1" wide. Still, it works.

I slept late, then headed to Safeway for some non refrigerated supplies for the trailer kitchen. After that I read a bunch of journals & forums, a bit of my latest book (on, horrors of horrors, a Kindle), then drove over to the Washington State Fair. I didn't take my Nikon, so the photos are all with my iPhone, but it looks much like the NY state fair, although there is more exhibits of student work, including a large Lego exhibit. Lots of booths selling just about everything, rides, and food and large tractors. Some Fair & more downtown Lynden photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

After leaving the fair I continued down main street at the suggestion of the owner of the Windmill Inn to see the main part of town. Huge hanging baskets of flowers everywhere, windmills, and false front buildings.

Dinner was an early stop at Bob's Burgers for a grilled chicken & avocado sandwich. Larger than I could eat, but excellent.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment