Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Day 4, Tuesday, August 8, 2017 - The Mitchell Corn Palace, Mitchell, SD

The Mitchell Corn Palace
Tuesday, August 8, 2017 - The Mitchell Corn Palace, Mitchell, SD, 383.9 Miles, 1645 Miles non towing miles For the Trip

I didn't quite make my usual 400+ miles today, but it doesn't really matter; I'm at least one day ahead, and I left a spare day or two so no rush. All of today's drive was on I 90.

I stopped at Mitchell, SD to photograph the Corn Palace. I've done it before in 1996 & 2011 , but since it changes every year, why not? A couple more photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

I did survive the night at the Motel 6, but it is far from a favorite. Tonight I tried a different number, a Super 8 in Murdo, South Dakota. Not as inexpensive as I remember from the last time I stayed in one, but that was years ago. $121.00 for a single. I'm sure I could do better making an on line reservation. Maybe I'll try that sitting outside the next motel. So far, the Red Roof Inn has been the best combination of quality & price, but there doesn't seem to be any ahead of me, at least for the next couple of days.

Dinner (For a change, I haven't been telling you what I ate every night - I'll start in earnest once I have the trailer) was a chicken sub from Subway.

Until Tomorrow -

2 comments:

  1. I had good luck with hotels.com on our trip out west. $121 does sound pricey for a Super 8. There's an app for it.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried Hotels.com & it seemed to save some $ on my next stop. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete