Monday, August 28, 2017

Day 24, Monday, August 28, 2017 - Wheeler County RV Park, Fossil, OR, Day 2


The Fossil Museum
Monday, August 28, 2017 - Wheeler County RV Park, Fossil, OR, Day 2, 0 Miles, 448.2 Towing Miles For the Trip

I took a couple of photos of the sunset - the smoke turns it into a red/orange ball.

I slept late this morning, then went for a short hike on a trail behind the campground. It provides a nice view of the fairgrounds, as well as the campground. I took a photo of the fairground from the top of the hill behind the trailer and stuck a panorama at the bottom of today's photos.

After that it was breakfast, some reading, both on line & on my Kindle. I have found one annoying thing about the Kindle - you don't have the "store" color book cover or jacket, so it is more difficult to remember if you have read a title by glancing at an on line photo of the book. Still, I have to admit is is more convenient than paperback or hardcover books. (Did I say that?)

After lunch I headed to the Fossil Museum. While typical of small town museums, I did see a couple of things I've never seen before, including a gas powered iron & an early "portable" radio, and instructions for shoeing oxen (they can't stand on 3 feet like a horse). There is a school house next door.

I decided to do last night's dishes when I got back to the trailer & couldn't find the Dawn dishwashing soap. Unfortunately, I finally found it in the back of the under sink cabinet where it rolled around for the drive to Fossil, on its side, and the top cracked open. Now the most difficult mess I've cleaned up in the trailer was a bottle of olive oil that fell out of an upper cabinet & landed open on the floor of the Escape 17. Took a full roll of paper towels to clean it up. Well, the spilled Dawn is a close second! A thin layer of soap covering most of the shelf as well as the bottoms of the pans stored there. A very little Dawn goes a long way. A partially dried layer takes a lot to remove. The kitchen sink water lines added to the thrill of toweling up the mess, although it only took 1/2 a roll. At least I have clean hands!

After that I did some more reading, then cooked a chicken & apple sausage along with a refrigerator peach cup for dinner, and found a way to bungee cord the bottle of Dawn in the under sink cabinet!

Until next time -

No comments:

Post a Comment