Friday, March 14, 2014

Valley of Fire State Park, NV, Day 5

Atlatls, Knives & Arrowheads
Friday, March 14, 2014, Valley of Fire State Park, NV, Day 5 - 0 miles , 6011.9 For the Trip

I got adventurous & made bacon & an Omlete for breakfast (mostly because it was time to use up the mushrooms & pepper before they needed to be tossed). After brunch I drove to the Visitor Center to get a stronger AT&T cell signal & checked to see if my prescription transfers made it. Unfortunately, the phone was breaking up even though it had 3-4 bars of signal.

I stopped by the Atlatl demonstrations. Lots of different versions, some for sale, along with flint knives, arrowheads, etc. Watched some of the experts throwing, tried for a few photos, then headed to Las Vegas.  More photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

I stopped first at Goodyear to see if they could order my replacement tires. They had a sligthly larger tire (a 60 vs 55) in stock, so I decided that since I had plenty of clearence, I'd save another 120 mile round trip and have them replace them. They also put a new battery in the RAV4. I knew it would need one - on recent cold mornings the engine was slow to turn over. The old battery tested out at 1/3 what it was rated at.

After that it was off to CVS to pick up the prescriptions. I'm now good for the next 90 days.

I drove back along I15, bypassing the Valley of Fire exit & drove to Overton. Stopped at Lin's Market to pick up milk & a few other things, including dinner - they had a sale on racks (and 1/2 racks) of store cooked ribs. Not too bad!

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment