Thursday, March 20, 2014

Valley of Fire State Park, NV, Day 11

A Rock at Parking Lot 2
Thursday, March 20, 2014, Valley of Fire State Park, NV, Day 11 - 0 miles , 6011.9 For the Trip

I got tired of doing nothing, so I drove along the Dome Rock road & stopped at a couple of places I've been before, as well as a new location, parking lot 2. I spent most of the time taking photos of rock formations & faces. Tried for a black & white of a dead cactus, but the background is too busy for it to work well. I also stopped at the cabins , three that were built by the CCC. There are some petroglyphs behind them. On the way to Overton for groceries I stopped at the East Entrance to the park & took a couple of photos of Elephant Rock. Lots of photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

My neighbor noticed some Prickly Pear Cactus in bloom. I've seen many that had buds, but this is the first with actual flowers.

Dinner will be left over beans & sausage.

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment