Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Quail Creek State Park, UT, Day 3

Kolob Reservoir
Wednesday, March 26, 2014, Quail Creek State Park, UT, Day 3 - 0 miles , 6114.6 For the Trip

After breakfast I thought about heading to either Kolob Reservoir, Pipe Spring National Monument, getting a haircut or washing the RAV4. Since it looked like rain, I skipped the car, and decided to drive to the reservoir. A fun 27 mile drive (at least without the trailer) on Kolob Terrace Road. On the way I passed the Left Fork Trailhead, where the 9 mile round trip hike to The Subway starts. I'd love to photograph the Subway, however it is a hike I'd rather do with company so I'll have to save it for another time.

I stopped to photograph the rocks & trees along the way to Kolob Reservoir, where, at 8118' the temperature was down to 38°F. The ice is off the resevoir, however there is still snow in many of the shadow areas. I did see a couple of hearty RVers parked in a camping area just above the lake and a couple of individuals fishing. More photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

I stopped on the way back to the campground at Lin's, and bought some "Fresh Hot Chicken" for dinner. Saves cooking outside in the rain!

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment