Thursday, March 13, 2014

Valley of Fire State Park, NV, Day 4

The Fire Wave
Thursday, March 13, 2014, Valley of Fire State Park, NV, Day 4 - 0 miles , 6011.9 For the Trip

I decided to do a little hiking today, so I drove out to Parking Lot 3, and hiked out to the Fire Wave. Not as impressive as the one in Arizona, but still the same type of formation - layers of sandstone etched by the wind. On the way back I hiked out to Fire Canyon.

My low tire pressure light came on - the passenger side front tire was down to 25 lbs. I used my 12V pump to pump it back to 32 PSI, but I don't think I'm going to be able to wait until I get to Oregon to replace the tires. I called Goodyear, got the price on replacements, but the phone dropped in the middle of the conversation, so I will have to wait for better cell service to order them. They are special order tires, so I don't know how long it will take to get them in. Since I'm driving to Las Vegas tomorrow to pick up my prescriptions, I should be able to order them then.

After that, it was back to the campground for some relaxing & reading. Dinner will be a cheeseburger, beans, and the rest of the coleslaw.

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment