Saturday, March 1, 2014

Joshua Tree National Park, CA, Day 4

Saturday, March 1, 2014, Cottonwood Campground, Joshua Tree National Park, CA, Day 4 - 0 miles , 5461.2 For the Trip

Last night was one that made me really appreciate the trailer. There were about 10 tent campers that set up around dinner time. Only problem - Lots of wind & it was a bit chilly - low 50's. Lots of stuff blowing around, flies whipping away, and general mayhem. On top of that, it started to rain around 6:00. Luckily, while heavy, it only lasted a short time. Like I said (well, typed), after 65 years of tent camping, I am sure glad I have a trailer.

More light rain over night, as well as off & on in parts of the park during the day. I sat around appreciating the sun in the morning since the trailer was a bit cool - it went down to 42° last night, but as the clouds came in I decided to check out more of the park. Jumbo Rocks campground looks to be a neat place to stay. There were some open sites, however most of them were tent sites that couldn't be used with the trailer. The few that I would fit in would end up with the rear of the trailer facing north; not so good for the fixed solar panel.

Rather than drive back through the park, I took CA 62 & I10 to get back to Cottonwood campground. Even though it is about 15 miles further, it is faster, particularly without the trailer (California has a speed limit of 55 when towing). I stopped at the "Cell Zone" to post this, but forgot to bring the adapter to load photographs, so I'll have to add today's pictures tomorrow. I want to drive down in the morning anyway to download the Sunday Syracuse paper.

Dinner will be a pork chop - I picked up a package at Walmart in Yucca Valley.

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment