Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Valley of Fire State Park, NV, Day 2

Slot Canyon at White Domes
Tuesday, March 11, 2014, Valley of Fire State Park, NV, Day 2 - 0 miles , 6011.9 For the Trip

I got off to a slow start this morning. It was a bit cool so I stayed in bed until 8:30. After breakfast, I drove to Overton to pick up some groceries, and get a good cell signal to call in my remaining prescription transfers from Oswego to the nearest CVS, which happens to be in Las Vegas. So, in a couple of days I'll be making a trip to the big city.

By the way, I did take a shower in the solar showers near my site last night. No temperature adjustment, and the water was not all that hot. On top of that it cost a quarter for 5 minutes. On the other side of the campground the showers are free, and have temperature control. I guess I'll try those showers next time.

I did some reading, then cooked up some bacon for BLT's for lunch. Unfortunately, they were only BT's since the head of lettuce I picked up turned out to be a cabbage. Still, an excellent tomato, so they were good.

Once the sun started to get low enough for decent photographs, I headed for White Domes & the 1.25 mile hike to a small slot canyon & the remains of an old movie set. Photos at today's LakeshoreImages page.

Dinner will be a pot pie since I have electricity to use the toaster oven.

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment