Sunday, March 16, 2014

Valley of Fire State Park, NV, Day 7

If I Had to Guess - Black Chinned Hummingbird
Sunday, March 16, 2014, Valley of Fire State Park, NV, Day 7 - 0 miles , 6011.9 For the Trip

Another big Sunday morning breakfast or brunch, since it was 10:00 by the time I finished the Sunday paper & made pancakes. I did manage to clean up even without an outside kitchen sink. Not sure why they don't have them since most of the sites here are non RV tent sites.

Since this is the end of the first week, I filled out registration for the next. I also made a reservation for a week starting on the 23rd at Quail Creek State park in Utah, just outside of Hurricane. I should be able to explore the area around Zion, and some of the other places of interest and avoid the below freezing night time temperatures in National Park. It is dry camping, but I should be able to deal with that after 2 weeks of hookups.

I didn't go anywhere today, but did sit around taking more hummingbird photos: By the way, after looking at my iBird pictures and talking with my neighbor who knows more about birds than I do, we've decided most of the photos are of a Costa's Hummingbird.

I had a big, late lunch, so dinner will be cheese & crackers.

Until tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment