Thursday, June 27, 2013

Dew

Day 17, June 27 - North Sydney KOA, NS - 55 miles, 1696.3 For the Trip

A short, but pretty drive today from the park to the North Sydney KOA. We are in site 3 for at least 4 days. We decided that it might be a good idea to find a place we could stay over the weekend since Monday is Canada, one of the first long weekends of the summer. We will explore the area round Sydney & Bras d'Or.

Not a lot of photos today since there were not that many pull offs as in the park. I tried for some images of the dew on the pine needles at the campground, but the wind kept them moving so they didn't work as well as I would have liked. We did make a stop to photograph St. Ann's Cove. Check Lakeshore Images for more.

It is probably early to talk about dinner, we haven't decided what it will be, but I'll add more later.

It's later. We went to Walmart to pick up some supplies. I meeded a new belt, Nytril gloves, and, of course, a bunch of junk I didn't actually need, but lept into my cart. The Walmart was quite a haul from the campground (over a 1/2 hour drive) & I kidded Anne about here old, not updated Garmin POIs probably skipped a bunch of Walmarts between the campground & the one we ended up at.  So, when we got back, I did a search using my up-to-date POIs in my Garmin & it gave the nearest at 245km away!  Glad we used hers.

AND, the grand announcement - Dinner will be soft tacos!

Till Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment