Monday, April 25, 2011

The Egg Really Has Hatched!

Today's Photo - My New Escape 17B.















Well I made it to Chilliwack.  I had a hard time convincing the Canadian Customs Official that I drove all the way from the east coast just to pick up a trailer, but she finally let me in.

Mileage for today was 63.4 & a total of 3136.0.

Reace & Tammy were great.  I did have to wait a bit since they were still finishing up the delivery of the morning trailer, but I spent most of the time moving things from the car to the trailer.  After the move one of the Escape team spent 2 hours going through every part of the trailer.  Although I have rented RVs in the past, much of what they covered was new or different.  I can't thank them enough for the complete job they did making sure I was properly oriented & comfortable with the trailer & its equipment.

Hard to believe everything fit, but there is lots of storage room in the Escape.  So much that it will probably take me half way to home to figure out where everything is.  I tried to fill the cabinets with an order in mind, but the last two items I went looking for while making dinner don't seem to be anywhere! Oh well, it will give me something to do.

For some reason, Dreamweaver, the software I use for my main site won't connect from the campground so I will have to wait until I hit the US to post the rest of the photos I took of the trailer & the new Escape shop. Once they are posted I'll add a link here as well as on that day's page. I know a couple of Escape owners wanted to see photos of the new storage box on a 17 so I took a bunch of them.


A reboot solved the posting problem, so the pictures of the New Escape plant & my new trailer are now posted at Day 8 of my trip journal on Lakeshoreimages.

So, after a year of putting things together, I'm spending my first night in the Escape!

Till tomorrow -

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I can't wait to hear how the first night went.

    ReplyDelete