Friday, April 15, 2011

Back In Oswego

Today's Photo - Buttermilk Falls, Long Lake, Adirondacks, NY














I'm back in Oswego after a great week in DC meeting my new granddaughter.  This will probably be a first & last visit, at least for awhile.  I'm heading west for a couple of months, and, if things go as planned, Brian's company will be sending him & the family to Botswana for 2 years.  They both love Africa, having spent 2 years in Cameroon with the Peace Corps, and a half year in Ghana, but it will be a bit more difficult to visit!

It was a boring but uneventful drive back home.  Now it is time to pack for the trip to Chilliwack, BC to pick up the new Escape 17B.  That should be a more interesting trip.  First, it is planned for the "Red Roads", national & state highways rather than the interstates. Second, I don't have a schedule, so I can take as much or as little time as I please.

Right now I'm making the final decisions on what I want to take with me, and what I'll buy after settling into the trailer.  One problem is what ever I take has to fit in the back of the RAV4, at least for the trip out.  Good thing the rear seats fold to the floor! I have a bad tendency to take far more stuff than necessary for most trips - it was easier to get away with that in the minivans I have been driving for most of the previous cross country trips.

Time to start packing - Till next time!

2 comments:

  1. The finger Lakes in NY is for sure one of the most beautiful places in the State.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to agree with you, although this waterfall is not the same "Buttermilk Falls" in the finger lakes. It is located on County Rt 3 just off NY28 upstream from Long Lake. Although I've stopped by the Buttermilk Falls in Buttermilk Falls State Park near Ithaca, I haven't had a chance to photograph it.

    ReplyDelete