Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Pohick Bay Trip, Day 9

 Oswego, NY, Sunday, July 4, 2021, 120 miles, 929.5 Miles For the Trip

Sorry to be late posting the last day of the trip.  I was surprised by the light traffic on I 81 on the 4th.  It was a pleasant drive home.

I parked the trailer with the driver's side as high as I could get it to make it easier to get underneath to work on the broken gray tank.  The soldering iron type plastic welder arrived while I was gone, so after a bit of practice I headed under the trailer & using 6 12" sticks of plastic welding rod, the hole & crack are filled.

The Repair

While I suspect the plastic weld will hold, I'm going to add some strength to it by coating the entire repair with some JB Weld Plastic epoxy, and then a final layer of EternaBond tape.

So the end of an interesting trip to the DC area.  We will be doing it again in two weeks, this time to visit with my daughter's family in the Takoma Park area.

Until then - 

No comments:

Post a Comment