Thursday, July 1, 2021

Pohick Bay Trip, Day 6

 Pohick Bay Regional Park, Lorton, VA - Thursday, July 1, 2021, 0 Miles, 450.9 Miles For the Trip

Lots of thunderstorms predicted, but little rain.  We even got flood alerts on the phones (and my Apple watch).  They sure let you know - the phone goes to full volume and is connected to my hearing aids.  Ouch!

A small 1" diameter branch blew down behind Guido's trailer, but just a few drops of rain.  I did put my large ground rug away so I wouldn't need to put it away wet tomorrow - we still have rain predicted for tonight.  At least the heat broke.  It was 75°F at 5:00, and is still 75°F now at 9:00PM.

Around 5:00 Ken & Lorna stopped by to take us out to dinner.  We ate at a fish place overlooking a river, neither of which I was smart enough to remember the name.  A nice meal, and even though the door had a sign asking for forgiveness for slow service because of limited staff, everything came as fast as any restaurant.  We even got a group photo taken for Anne, and she sent me a copy:  

Lorna, Ken, Anne, Me, and Guido

We will be packing up in the morning, heading out by 11:00.  Here is hoping the 4th of July traffic isn't too bad, although the radio said it already started.

Until Tomorrow - 

No comments:

Post a Comment