Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Coopers Rock State Park, WV, Day 2

Henry Clay Furnace, Coopers Rock State Park, WV

Wednesday, September 5 - Coopers Rock State Park, WV Day 2 - 0 Miles Today, 15,079.7 For the Trip

It rained off and on overnight, but cleared during the morning. Around 1:00 I got tired of reading & sitting around so I hiked to the Henry Clay Furnace, an iron smelter built around 1835. The trail is really a road, although one that needs more clearance than my RAV4 provides. I'm also including a photo of the trees along the road to the parking lot to show that there is already a bit of color in the trees, particularly the maples. That & more photos of the furnace are on today's LakeshoreImages Page.

Dinner tonight will be a couple of hot dogs, and Dole Coleslaw. I managed to find a bag at Krogers yesterday - the version that includes the dressing is hard to find and I really like it.

I'm not sure I will be able to post tomorrow or the next day - if I remember correctly, there is no air card service (or cell phone) at Ricketts Glen.

Until Tomorrow or whenever -

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete