Monday, September 17, 2012

Home!

Chimney Bluffs State Park, NY

Monday, September 17 - Home! - 250 Miles Today, 16,255.4 For the Trip

Well, the end of the trip! I packed up & left the campground around 9:00AM, crossing at the Lewiston bridge. No problems with crossing the border other than the inspector just about broke his head on the air conditioner. It doesn't pay to be 6'-5" in an Escape. At 6'-0" I fit fine.

I decided rather than take my usual route NY 104 home, I'd follow the Seaway Trail. It starts on NY 18 and follows the lakeshore. I stopped at a couple of lighthouses, and Chimney Bluffs State Park, as well as a quick stop in Wolcott to photograph their small waterfall. As usual, photos at today's LakeshoreImages Page.

I reached home around 4:00, unpacked part of the trailer & called it a day. I have a 3' high stack of mail, most of which is junk, but buried in it are new credit cards, a check from National Geographic, etc so I have to dig through the pile with care.

I'll put together a wrap up of the trip in a day or two.

Until Then -

No comments:

Post a Comment