Wednesday, March 27, 2024

23 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 164

Wednesday, March 27, 2024 - Lake Anne State Park, Spotsylvania, VA - 273.2 Miles, 6,632.7 Miles for the trip

A long drive in light to heavy rain for most of the trip. I made a quick stop at a Food Lion about 10 miles from the park, found my card still worked even though I haven't used it in years, then finished the drive. Lots of 2 lane roads on the last 40 miles into the park. I arrived at the park around 2:15, stopped at the office & found that normal arrival time is 4:00. They checked that the site was ready & let me in. I'm in site 39, a large and long water & electric site on gravel that is very wet with shallow ruts caused by the truck & trailer tires. Level enough that I didn't unhook or use the side to side levelers (although I am off side to side by a 3/4".) $53.44 for the night. The site has a picnic table & fire pit. The Virginia ban on fires has been partially lifted - you can have a fire between 4:00 & 10:00. 

The rain actually stopped as I started setting up the trailer, although it is predicted to continue off & on all night & tomorrow, so I only hooked up the electric and will use the fresh water tank & pump. The 30 amp connector was questionable (the plug wouldn't stay in the connector) so I used my 50 amp to 30 amp adapter to make the connection to the 50 amp connector.

Site 39

I checked out the showers, and passed. I remember them from the last time I was here - barely lukewarm water & a soaked drying room floor. Four individual showers although 2 have out of order signs (they were also out of order 4 years ago). No comment on the lack of room heat from last time so it must have been warm weather; there doesn't appear to be any heat in the bathroom or showers. Today it is 47°F so a lukewarm shower in a cold room doesn't sound like much fun.

I finished listening to The Hill House by Blair Howard as I pulled into the park so I'll need to find a new audio  book. By the way, this book is, at least for me, an example of the wrong narrator. The "kindly" voice just doesn't fit the style of the book. I also finished reading Donald Westlake's The Spy In The Ointment, and started Murder at Rough Point by Alyssa Maxwell.

I did an internet speed check - AT&T shows 13.1Mbps down & 0Mbps up, while Verizon shows 7.8Mbps down & .7Mbps up. Right now I'm on AT&T and this page had no problem uploading even at 0Mbps. It did take over a minute to upload the site pictures.  I had to switch to Verizon to post the Blogger page (this page).

Even though the rain has stopped, I didn't sit outside - at 47°F I'll stay in the trailer.

Dinner was a Saffron Road Chicken Tikka Masala bowl.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment