Friday, March 22, 2024

23 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 159

Friday, March 22, 2024 - Falls Creek Falls State Park, TN, Day 3 - 0 Miles, 6,033 Miles for the trip

A warm night at 53°F. While there was a bit of sun for my morning walk, by noon the clouds settled in and the wind picked up. I spent the day reading, some outside, the rest in the trailer. I finished John Verdon's On Harrow Hill, the Dave Gurney #7 book, and started #8, The Viper. He is another author like Dave Berry - too many implausible solutions to plot problems, but since the series takes place in the Catskills of NY in areas I'm familiar with, I still enjoy reading them.

I did discover another fiberglass trailer on my walk this morning - an Oliver. Appropriate since they are made here in Tennessee. A four season trailer that is well made, but with limitations that keep me from being interested - a small refrigerator, and a white fiberglass interior that makes me feel like I'm sitting inside a refrigerator. Still, if you want fiberglass and winter camping, the choices are pretty much limited to the Oliver or a Bigfoot.

An Oliver

Still many empty sites even though it is the start of a weekend. There are a couple of new arrivals, but there were more leaving. The folks across from me in a large 5th wheel also arrived in a SUV which they left running for the 2 hours. Just a couple with a baby, but they got 3 kids bikes from a rack on the SUV, and finally headed out. I suspect his wife went to pick up the kids after school.

That was about it for the day. While it made it up to 65°F, it is looking more & more like the predicted rain is on the way, so I hooked up the trailer. I will still have a bunch of stuff to do to get out of here in the morning, but when it is raining, every bit of advanced packing helps.

Light rain started around 4:30.

Dinner was a Guy Fieri Chicken Enchilada Bowl.

Until Tomorrow -

No comments:

Post a Comment