Monday, March 18, 2024

23 - 24 Trip to the Southwest, Day 155

 Monday, March 18, 2024 - Henry Horton State Park, Lewisburg, TN - 128.9 Miles, 5,904.5 Miles for the trip

I forgot to post a photo of my mouse eaten chair yesterday so here it is:

The Mouse Eaten Chair

Not a bad drive on I 40 to Henry Horton other than the potholes. They don't fix them, they just put up signs letting you know they are in the road. It isn't a recent problem; I noted the same signs in my journal 2 years ago. In any case, they are correct - there are lots of them. I arrived at Henry Horton around 12:30.

They are doing work on the main campground road & have a gravel detour to get into the camping area. I'm in site 31 (where I've been before), a water & electric site on asphalt. Has a picnic table & fire ring, needed a 2" drop on the tongue, level side to side, slight railroad noise, and close to the bathrooms. $33.89 per night. I didn't hook up the water line - it is suppose to go down to 25°F by morning; at 5:00 it is 47°F. 

Site 31

It is nice to have internet connections at the trailer. Verizon is fast at 69.26Mbps down & 15.05Mbps up. Unfortunately, I can't give you the data rates for AT&T. My phone shows 3 bars, but my Netgear AT&T cell modem died. It won't turn on. The battery is swollen, and it won't run with it in or out. It is probably more than the battery since the NetGear website says that it should run without one if it is connected to a stable USB supply. I have to be careful if I have to replace the entire modem - it is running a long retired real unlimited (at least I have hit 80GB in a billing period without a slowdown) plan that is only $23.49 per month.

I finished Highfire on the drive to the campground, and am about 1/3 through my first real book in years - Steve Berry's The Omega Factor.

Dinner was an Evol Chicken Enchilada Bake.

Until Tomorrow -

2 comments:

  1. Tossing the chair? Some blue duct tape over the nibble spots would make it all better, and useable. At least, a little better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While a bit of tape might work to cover the hole, the air bladder was chewed through, it smells like mouse pee, and it was stuffed full of mouse bedding. It is a cheap Walmart chair. Of course it probably is no longer available...

      Delete